[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID AB/Connect Call Notes (2016-02-04)

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:22:48 UTC 2016

OpenID AB/Connect Call Notes (2016-02-04)
Date: 2016-02-04 15:00 UTC - 16:00 UTC
Attendee: George, Nat, John

Logout related specs
--------------------------------
- John is having ping experiment with the back-channel logout. He will
report back the result.
- Gubin sent the IDF Iframe Spec. to the list back in November.
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/Week-of-Mon-20151116/005865.html
. We should evaluate whether it should supersedes the session management
spec. John feels that the new draft can be split to the session management
specific stuff and the WebMessage response type stuff.

Issues
-----------
- No new issues.
- We should roll out the accumulated errata soon. Need to check back to
Mike for the estimated time for completion.

Events
------------
- Agenda for Santiago Summit needs to be solidified. Current expectations
are:
  - Hannes talking about Ace
  - William on Mobile
  - Mike Garcia – NSTIC
  - Django based Buenos Aires Government implementation
  - Nat on Financial API, possibly.
- EIC and CIS agenda have been discussed lately, led by Don and will be
reported back soon.
- OIDF-J having a seminar on Feb. 15. The topic is about Blockchain. About
100 people are subscribed now.

AOB
---------
Some discussion occurred on the financial aggregator use case.
http://nat.sakimura.org/2016/01/29/authorization-delegation-a-financial-accounts-aggregation-use-case/
explains
it using distributed claim model.
George pointed out that perhaps we could also consider UMA protected
Webfinger endpoint to achieve something similar.
All agreed that enabling Bank APIs to use OAuth and not requiring stored
passowrds is the first step and is going to be a huge win.

Next Meeting