[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect dynamic registration parameter registrations

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 5 07:09:33 UTC 2015

Some OAuth specs are being developed that need to use parameters defined by OpenID Connect Dynamic Registration.  The errata 2 draft at http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0-29.html#DynRegContents already contains the registration requests for those parameters.

We’d been waiting to submit the registration requests to IANA until errata 2 was done, but given that may be a little bit off looking at the open issues, it seems prudent to submit the registrations to IANA now.  The IANA process for this registry already explicitly allows early registrations of stable parameters - and these certainly are stable.  We defined them years ago.

Unless I hear objections, I’ll plan to submit the requests to IANA early next week.

                                                            -- Mike