[Openid-specs-ab] New OAuth book (and OpenID Connect gets a mention!)

Justin Richer jricher at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 17 17:32:18 UTC 2015

Hi all,

First, apologies for the cross-posting while we’re trying to get the word out today.

Antonio Sanso and I are writing a book about OAuth 2, and it’s just gone up for pre-order on the publisher’s website:

https://www.manning.com/books/OAuth-2-in-Action <https://www.manning.com/books/OAuth-2-in-Action>

You can download the first chapter for free, and if you pre-order you’ll get the first three chapters immediately and more as they get finished. You’ll also be able to give us feedback on the book that we can incorporate into the final publication, so it’s a great way to help make sure this reference is the best it can be. Plus, they’ve given us a discount code that gets you half off for the next couple days: mloauth2

We’ve got a chapter on how to use OAuth in an authentication protocol, and cover OpenID Connect in some depth as an example of the right way to do that. We even have a few exercises that expand our simple OAuth AS and client apps from previous chapters into their OIDC counterparts, which hopefully shows people in a hands-on way how small the delta really is.

So, sorry for the commercial message, I’m just very excited that this is finally getting out there.

Thanks,
 — Justin