[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 5-Mar-15

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 5 15:42:36 UTC 2015

Spec call notes 5-Mar-15

Brian Campbell
Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Nat Sakimura
George Fletcher

Agenda
               Form Post Response Mode
               Logout
               Certification
               James' Comments

Form Post Response Mode
               Mike still needs to apply these changes and notify people as secretary

Logout
               Nothing new to report

Certification
               Salesforce and DT are still on the old test machine
               Ping is having problems with the new machine
                              Some issues were reported to Roland but it's not clear that all have been resolved
               We are just over two weeks from our planned freeze of the certification tests
               Brian asked about why claims_supported is required for certification
                              Mike replied that this is one of the cases where we took looser language in the spec and made something required
                              We did the same thing for requiring "kid" in ID Tokens
                              Brian was satisfied with this explanation

               RP tests are now up
                              Hans is kicking the tires
                              Edmund started to look at it
                              The tests are requiring sending requests to endpoints not in the discovery document
                                             Edmund will report this on the thread with Roland

James Manger's message [Openid-specs-ab] iss typos
               The self-issued typo needs to be the subject of errata
               The missing "s" in https needs to be the subject of errata
               The example access token values, etc. were copied out of RFC 6749
                              But we could make them bigger in an errata change

               We want to batch these and wait until the underlying IETF specs have completed
                              Then we can also remove the caveats about the underlying specs changing
               If Google gets up an endpoint with the correct issuer, we can remove the Google caveat too