[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect Logout using HTTP GET

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Sun Feb 15 19:34:22 UTC 2015

Both

forcing a user to logout of a RP might also be used as part of a larger phishing attack, especially if the IdP returns the user to the bad guys landing page by redirecting to the post_logout_redirect_uri.
That redirect URI needs to be registered but without authenticating the RP via having a id_token for the user Bad RP A could log the user out of all sessions and redirect the user to itself, without the user currently being logged in.

Without the id_token all the IdP can do is log the user out of all sessions.

Though when we start talking about IdP session management things get a bit fuzzy,  Many IdP will automatically log the user back in to a RP if they are still logged in to the IdP, the IdP may not have any real notion of state per RP connection.

John B.