[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #54: Explaination for Providing ui_locales (OP-Req-ui_locales) requiring clearing cookies seems wrong (openid/certification)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Fri Feb 13 00:57:46 UTC 2015

New issue 54: Explaination for Providing ui_locales (OP-Req-ui_locales) requiring clearing cookies seems wrong
https://bitbucket.org/openid/certification/issue/54/explaination-for-providing-ui_locales-op

Michael Jones:

I don't understand why testing "Providing ui_locales (OP-Req-ui_locales)" requires me to clear my cookies.  Also, this statement displayed by the test is puzzling: "This since this test is simulating you login in from a second device while still being logged in at the first."  If anything, I would have expected instructions to the user saying that they may see the user interface in a different language.

Am I missing something, or is there not actually a need to clear cookies while testing UI Locales?  Or are you just suggesting the user do that so that a user interface is displayed?  If so, the explanation should say that.

Responsible: Rohe