[Openid-specs-ab] standalone metadata format for OIDC endpoints?

E. Anwar Reddick anwar.reddick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:48:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm a new OpenID Connect "contributor" - I just have a question to put out
to this list. Does anyone know if there is any existing effort anywhere to
standardize a standalone metadata format for OIDC endpoints that's similar
to SAML metadata?

I'm working in a federated environment in which there's a need for a
published registry of trusted endpoint metadata. I'm currently defining
such a metadata format that is JSON and based on the metadata defined in
the OIDC Discovery and Dynamic Registration specs. I'm defining new fields
for entity type (OP or RP), organizational contact information,
"cache_duration", "valid_until", etc.

If the answer to my above question is "no", then does anyone see any
problems with what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks!

E. Anwar Reddick
https://www.linkedin.com/in/anwarreddick