[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 4-Sep-14

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 4 15:10:19 UTC 2014

Spec call notes 4-Sep-14

Mike Jones
William Kim
Pamela Dingle
Nat Sakimura
Roland Hedberg
John Bradley
Edmund Jay

Agenda
               OpenID 2.0 Migration Spec
               Errata
               Conformance Profiles Document
               Open Issues
               October 27 OpenID Workshop

OpenID 2.0 Migration Spec
               Nat has incorporated feedback from Markus i-name migration
               The approach can be used without support from i-brokers
               A mistake remains in an example
               People should review the draft and prepare for a decision on whether it's done on Monday's call

Errata
               Once the migration spec is done, we'll send the errata out for review as well

Conformance Profiles Document
               Mike led a discussion of the certification profiles document that he sent yesterday
               John pointed out that software tests and deployment tests can be distinct
               Mike: You can only test a deployment
               We will need to decide whether to have different criteria for deployments and software
               John: In a real deployment, you typically don't have everything turned on that's supported in the software
               Roland showed a matrix of RP tests that he and Mike are working on (attached)
               The next step is to define sets of features to be tested
               John: People will want tests for an enhanced security profile with acr, encryption etc.
                              We should say that we will get to it when we have the profiles

Open Issues
               There are two new open issues assigned to Edmund on Migration

October 27 OpenID Workshop
               The registration URL is https://openid-wg-oct-2014.eventbrite.com
               We need to create a real agenda for the workshop
               Each working group needs to decide how to use the time at the workshop
               The Connect WG probably wants to talk about certification during its time