[Openid-specs-ab] Some comments on OpenID 2.0 to OpenID Connect Migration spec

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:26:15 UTC 2014

Thanks Markus,

I created tickets based on these comments.

This particular one is:
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/950/migration-te-4-xri-portion-needs-change-by

For the relying party, I think it would be relatively straight forward to
strip xri:// from openid2_id if they stored XRI as pure CanonicalID and
causes less confusion than trying to figure out the type of openid2_id by
sniffing if it starts from "=" or "!" or "@" etc.

This comment thus seem to imply that we should add some text in section 7,
e.g., adding:

If the OpenID 2.0 Identifier starts with xri://xri.net/ then the relying
party MUST extract the Canonical XRI by stripping "xri://xri.net/" from the
beginning of the OpenID 2.0 Identifier.

What do you think?

Nat