[Openid-specs-ab] Possible state parameter for RP-initiated logout

Todd W Lainhart lainhart at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 2 14:02:47 UTC 2014

We were planning on adding something like this for the same reasons given
by Thomas.

Todd Lainhart
Rational software
IBM Corporation
550 King Street, Littleton, MA 01460-1250
1-978-899-4705
2-276-4705 (T/L)
lainhart at us.ibm.com

From:   Thomas Broyer <t.broyer at gmail.com>
To:     Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>,
Cc:     "openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net"
<openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net>
Date:   07/01/2014 04:11 PM
Subject:        Re: [Openid-specs-ab] Possible state parameter for
RP-initiated    logout
Sent by:        openid-specs-ab-bounces at lists.openid.net

That makes sense. Particularly given that all post_logout_redirect_uri
should be pre-registered and are compared byte-for-byte, leaving no place
to, e.g., add query-string arguments to customize the behavior upon
redirection. So yes, there should be a 'state' parameter.

I'm going to add it to our implementation ASAP.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>