[Openid-specs-ab] List of OpenID Connect and JWT libraries

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at ltgt.net
Thu Mar 20 09:27:09 UTC 2014

I've been playing with NimbusDS implementation in Java:
https://bitbucket.org/connect2id/oauth-2.0-sdk-with-openid-connect-extensionsfor
OpenID Connect 1.0, and
https://bitbucket.org/nimbusds/nimbus-jose-jwt/wiki/Home for JOSE/JWT.

There's also a JWT implementation in Resteasy (
http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/3.0.6.Final/userguide/html/ch40.html)
and Keycloak core (http://www.jboss.org/keycloak; that one probably doesn't
qualify as a library though).
IIUC, Keycloak also provides OpenID Connect libraries, but they might be
tailored for the Keycloak server.

I also believe google-oauth-java-client (and probably other libs from
Google, but I'm sure they'll chime in here) provide all the tools for
OpenID Connect (https://code.google.com/p/google-oauth-java-client/), and
google-http-java-client does JWT/JWS (
https://code.google.com/p/google-http-java-client/)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>wrote:

>  The Libraries page at http://openid.net/developers/libraries/ has been
> updated to list publicly available OpenID Connect libraries and JWT/JOSE
> libraries.  *Is your library listed?*  If not, please send me the
> information* right away* so it can be included.  I plan to make an
> openid.net blog post tomorrow pointing people to this page.
>

> Thanks to Nat for doing an initial cut at this and to Matias Woloski for
> compiling a JWT/JOSE list.
>

> The OpenID 2.0 library list has been moved to
> http://openid.net/developers/libraries/obsolete/.  The specs page
> http://openid.net/developers/specs/ has been reorganized to move the
> OpenID 2.0 specs into the obsolete section.  I added the libraries link to
> the OpenID Connect FAQ at http://openid.net/connect/faq/.

Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/ <http://xn--nna.ma.xn--bwa-xxb.je/>