[Openid-specs-ab] Proposed text to post at end of 24 hour review period
Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 20 21:36:19 UTC 2013
Please identify any changes needed. This will be posted on the openid.net blog at 10:15pm Pacific Time tonight if no spec issues are identified beforehand.
Review of Proposed Final OpenID Connect Specifications and Implementer's Drafts
The OpenID Connect Working Group recommends approval of the following specifications as Final OpenID Specifications:
* OpenID Connect Core<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0-17.html> - Defines the core OpenID Connect functionality: authentication built on top of OAuth 2.0 and the use of Claims to communicate information about the End-User.
* OpenID Connect Discovery<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0-21.html> - Defines how Relying Parties dynamically discover information about OpenID Providers.
* OpenID Connect Dynamic Client Registration<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0-23.html> - Defines how Relying Parties dynamically register with OpenID Providers.
* OAuth 2.0 Multiple Response Type Encoding<http://openid.net/specs/oauth-v2-multiple-response-types-1_0-11.html> - Defines several specific new OAuth 2.0 response types.
The working group also recommends approval of the following specifications as OpenID Implementer's Drafts:
* OpenID Connect Session Management<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-session-1_0-18.html> - Defines how to manage OpenID Connect sessions, including logout functionality.
* OAuth 2.0 Form Post Response Mode<http://openid.net/specs/oauth-v2-form-post-response-mode-1_0-02.html> - Defines how to return OAuth 2.0 Authorization Response parameters (including OpenID Connect Authentication Response parameters) using HTML form values that are auto-submitted by the User Agent using HTTP POST.
A Final Specification provides intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification and is not subject to further revision. An Implementer's Draft is a stable version of a specification also providing intellectual property protections, but that is subject to further revision.
This note starts the 60 day public review period for the specification drafts in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. This review period will end on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the drafts, this review period will be followed by a seven day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve these drafts as Final Specifications and Implementer's Drafts. For the convenience of members, voting may begin up to two weeks before Tuesday, February 18th, with the voting period still ending on Tuesday, February 25, 2014.
A description of OpenID Connect can be found at http://openid.net/connect/. The working group page is http://openid.net/wg/connect/. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration. If you're not already a member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote.
You can send feedback on the specifications in a way that enables the working group to act upon your feedback by (1) signing the contribution agreement at http://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the "AB+Connect" working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at http://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-ab, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.
Locations for the proposed Final Specifications are:
Locations for the proposed Implementer's Drafts are:
These informational Implementer's Guides also accompany these specifications:
* OpenID Connect Basic Client Profile<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-basic-1_0-32.html> - Simple subset of the Core functionality for a web-based Relying Party using the OAuth code flow.
* OpenID Connect Implicit Client Profile<http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-implicit-1_0-14.html> - Simple subset of the Core functionality for a web-based Relying Party using the OAuth implicit flow.
Locations for the accompanying Implementer's Guides are:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openid-specs-ab