[Openid-specs-ab] Review Comments on Dyn Reg

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 17 05:10:54 UTC 2013

Thanks for the useful review, as always Torsten.  This is my Disposition of Comments (DoC) reply to your review.  If I accepted your suggestion, I haven't included any reply to it here.  The changes resulting from this review have been released at http://openid.bitbucket.org/.

2.  Grant Type and Response Type are not actually orthogonal – especially in the general OAuth case, so in the general case, both need to be specified – hence, the need for an identifier for the Implicit Grant.

3.2 Another way of saying this is that “The same Client Secret value MUST NOT be assigned to multiple Clients”.  That seems like a sensible security precaution.  I’ve changed the text to say that, since it’s clearer.  Otherwise, a client_secret for one Client could be tried and might work for another Client.

5.  The value of a read-only management endpoint is that an updated client_secret value can be returned.

                                                            -- Mike