[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 10-Oct-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 10 15:56:29 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 10-Oct-13

Mike Jones
John Bradley
Nat Sakimura
Brian Campbell
George Fletcher
Edmund Jay
Justin Richer

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               Other Items To Do
               Documenting the helper application pattern

Open Issues:
               We discussed the set of decisions we need to make to finish
               Detailed conclusions are recorded in the issue tracker

               #876: Google "iss" value missing https://
                              We will write an Implementer's Note but not change the specs
               #865: Registration needs update capability too
                              We will write an Implementer's Note and leave this to OAuth to define
               #863: Stateless Registration Discovery/Messages
                              John hasn't gotten anything definitive out of Breno on this
                              Naveen seemed to think that this was reasonable
                              We will write an Implementer's Note saying how this is possible
               #864: Native Client code leakage
                              We will write an Implementer's Note and leave this to OAuth to define
               #875: Registration: Parameter for specifying the preferred JWS alg for JWT-based client auth?
                              We will add this
               #879: Messages 6.1 - The OpenID Foundation may consider hosting a site https://self-issued.me/
                              We will leave the current language and host this on an experimental basis
               #880: Messages 6.2 - The OpenID Foundation may consider hosting the endpoint https://self-issued.me/registration/1.0/
                              We will leave the current language and host this on an experimental basis
               #881: Discovery 1 - Relationship to OAuth Dynamic Registration
                              We will update the Implementer's Note
               #883: Order of the description about iframe
                              We will reorder this, as suggested
               #884: Decide whether to keep Basic and Implicit in the final set of specifications
                              We will keep these documents as Implementer's Guides
               #885: Decide whether Session Management is ready to be a final specification
                              We decided that this is not yet mature enough to be final
                              The only interop to date has been between NRI's RP and Microsoft's OP
                              Google has yet to publish their session management endpoints
               #886: Decide whether we would do the re-factoring in this round
                              We will do the refactoring
                              Mike should have the refactored specs ready for Monday's call
                              We discussed allowing people to start voting early to avoid conflicting with people's holiday schedules
               #882: All - JWT and JOSE specification versions
                              We will write an Implementer's Note about the use of IETF specs that are not yet final

Other Items To Do:
               We need to write a "getting started" document
               We need to host the experimental self-issued.me content
               We need to review the issues that have been placed on hold
                              We should do this on Monday's call

Documenting the helper application pattern:
               Mike relayed a request to document the pattern in which a Native application passes an ID Token to a helper application
                              Including how to ask for an ID Token for this use (with appropriate aud/azp values)
               John is working on a draft about this
               We'll discuss this during the Native Apps WG meeting on Monday, October 21st