[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #886: Decide whether we would do the re-factoring in this round (openid/connect)

Nat Sakimura issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Oct 10 06:12:59 UTC 2013


New issue 886: Decide whether we would do the re-factoring in this round
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/886/decide-whether-we-would-do-the-re

Nat Sakimura:

We have run out of the time. 

Shipping is the biggest feature. 
We need to start the 60 days review period now. 

Our original plan was: 

December 4, 2013	Final Approved
November 27, 2013	Final Vote Starts
November 13, 2013	Final Vote Notice Starts
September 28, 2013	Final Review Period Starts

To finish by Christmas, we the deadline is to go with the Final review period on Oct. 18. We have only a week left. 

December 24, 2013	Final Approved
December 17, 2013	Final Vote Starts
December 3, 2013	Final Vote Notice Starts
October 18, 2013	Final Review Period Starts

As even if the refactored draft becomes ready for review now, we do not have enough time to review in detail within the working group to meet the above deadline. I propose to go with the current organization with minimal fix applied for the final. 

We could do the refactored version as ISO PAS (Publicly Available Specification) which requires the change in the organization anyways. For the refactored version, I was deliberately following ISO directives to meet their requirements, by the way. 



Responsible: Nat


More information about the Openid-specs-ab mailing list