[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 18-Jul-13

Roland Hedberg roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se
Wed Sep 18 06:39:52 UTC 2013

18 jul 2013 kl. 17:00 skrev Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com>:

> OpenID Meeting at IETF:

>                Phil Hunt will be advocating creating a SSO profile in OAuth
>                               Per http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg11757.html
>                               He's stating that Connect is too complicated
>                                              This is a perception problem we need to address
>                               We should write up the server version of Nat's simplicity blog post
>                               We could revise the first paragraph of the abstract to say "how" - not just "what"
>                               We should look at whether we're explaining Connect well at openid.net/connect

There will be a meeting at IETF 88 about an OAuth2 profile/test suite separate from the OIDC and UMA test suites.
Hence, one of the things the meeting will look at is OAuth2 use cases beyond/beside OIDC and UMA.

-- Roland
"Education is the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty.” - Mark Twain