[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 15-Aug-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 15 15:15:11 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 15-Aug-13

John Bradley
Justin Richer
Edmund Jay
Mike Jones
William Kim

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               Next Call

Open Issues:
               #867 - Use of "alg":"none" for ID Tokens
                              We will allow this when requested by the client
               #868 - Use of "alg":"none" for request objects
                              We will clarify that "none" is allowed unless explicitly prohibited
               #866 - Why are there two different ways to request acr?
                              We will say that the behavior is unspecified if both request methods are used
               #863 - Stateless Registration Discovery/Messages
                              John described the means of doing this by encoding everything in the client_id
                              John will send a note to Naveen asking if that's what they want to do
               #864 - Native Client code leakage
                              John added a comment that it is better to make this a proof of possession mechanism for code
                              People should do the homework of reading the draft at http://bit.ly/1chmIeG
                              John will try to get feedback from Naveen on it
               #865 - Registration needs update capability too
                              The resolution of this may depend upon the outcome of the OAuth registration work
                              No decisions were made for now
               Mike still needs to write proposed text about Torsten's MTI issues raised in Berlin

Next Call:
               A JOSE call will be at our regularly scheduled Monday call time - 4pm Pacific on Monday, August 19th
                              People are encouraged to join the JOSE call
               The next Connect call will be in a week