[Openid-specs-ab] Review of Proposed OpenID Connect Implementer’s Drafts
Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Sat Jun 8 02:33:24 UTC 2013
The OpenID Connect Working Group recommends approval of the following specifications as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts:
• Basic Client Profile – Simple, self-contained profile for a Web-based Relying Parties using the OAuth code flow.
• Implicit Client Profile – Simple, self-contained profile for a Web-based Relying Parties using the OAuth implicit flow.
• Messages – Defines the messages that are used by OpenID Connect.
• Standard – Defines an HTTP binding for the Messages, for both Relying Parties and OpenID Providers.
• Discovery – Defines how Relying Parties dynamically discover information about OpenID Providers.
• Dynamic Registration – Defines how Relying Parties dynamically register with OpenID Providers.
• Session Management – Defines how to manage OpenID Connect sessions, including logout functionality.
• Multiple Response Type Encoding – Registers OAuth 2.0 “response_type” values used by OpenID Connect.
An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification providing intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification. This note starts the 45 day public review period for the specification drafts in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. This review period will end on Monday, July 22, 2013. Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the drafts, this review period will be followed by a seven day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve these drafts as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts.
These specifications are available at:
A description of OpenID Connect can be found at http://openid.net/connect/. The working group page is http://openid.net/wg/connect/. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration. If you’re not already a member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote.
You can send feedback on the specifications in a way that enables the working group to act upon your feedback by (1) signing the contribution agreement at http://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the “AB+Connect” working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at http://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-ab, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.
(This notice has also been posted at http://openid.net/2013/06/07/review-of-proposed-openid-connect-implementers-drafts/.)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openid-specs-ab