[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 6-Jun-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 6 14:35:38 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 6-Jun-13

Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
Brian Campbell
Justin Richer
William Kim (Mitre)
Edmund Jay
Thomas Hardjono
George Fletcher

John Bradley

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               Implementer's Drafts Announcement and Schedule

Open Issues:
               There are no open issues filed for the Implementer's Drafts
               Nat raised a few minor issues:

               Definition of Authentication
                              We will go with "Process of verifying that an entity is the owner of an identity"

               Date of publication of ISO 29115
                              March 2013

               Definition of Identity
                              We will go with "Set of attributes related to an entity"
                              (from ISO and ITU-T)

               On the "formatted" address claim:
                              We will delete "It is the primary member for printing..."

               Nat asked why JWT Bearer doesn't define an "Authorization" header
                              Brian responded that it's not necessary, because it's just used at the Token Endpoint
                              Mike agreed that we don't want to re-open the assertions specs

Implementer's Drafts Announcement and Schedule:
               We will start the 24 hour clock after Mike applies the set of changes above
               We will not wait for spelling/grammar check changes

               Comments will come in through the normal working group process
               For reference, Nat described the ISO ballot resolution process for handling changes during the review period