[Openid-specs-ab] Messages Review 2

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 00:12:40 UTC 2013

In as much as I value the discussion, the inconsistency has to be removed
from the spec.

I talked with John and came up with modified definition of Identity and
Identifier. I can live with the following and the definition of Claims.
Now you can say Claimed Identifier and Claimed Identity. If you have
"Claim" in the definition of these, you cannot.

Identity

Set of pieces of information related to an entity

Identifier

String within the scope of issuer namespace that allows clients to
correlate one or more assertions about an entity.

For the MUST in the offline access case, my proposed text still keeps all
the MUSTs. I have just qualified them instead of being unconditional, which
is a right thing to do, then moved to Privacy Consideration section as a
normative text, as this really is a privacy issue and not interoperability
issue, and is important enough to bring it up in the light of privacy so
that privacy compliance officers will notice.