[Openid-specs-ab] Messages Review 2

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 4 23:09:46 UTC 2013

Being asserted is what makes a claim a claim.  If they were indisputable truth, they wouldn't be claims.  We have to leave that in.

I'm actually not happy with suggestions that we significantly revise core definitions that have been extensively reviewed and agreed to by the working group before they were added to the specs.  I know that the "claim" definition was one that was extensively discussed.  Changing it is the wrong thing to be doing at this point.  We should be trying to finish - not changing everything around when the current definitions are already working.

If you believe that we need to use "attribute", the onus is on you to provide specific proposed alternative language.  But I can't agree to gutting the meaning of Claim, since it's so central to what OpenID Connect is about.

                                                            -- Mike