[Openid-specs-ab] Add claim filter to user info request

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Sat May 4 08:41:56 UTC 2013

We discussed #801 on the call.  People agreed that it wasn’t clear whether the client was supposed to add “?schema=openid” to the advertised UserInfo endpoint or whether that parameter was supposed to be included in the advertised value by the OP.  We removed it to remove the ambiguity and prevent otherwise likely interop problems.

The conclusion on the call was that if an OP wanted to make endpoints available using other schemas, that they’re probably add different endpoints to their discovery document.  For instance, an extension could define a discovery parameter or a SCIM endpoint at the OP.

                                                            -- Mike