[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 2-May-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu May 2 14:55:10 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 2-May-13

John Bradley
Justin Richer
Mike Jones
Brian Campbell
Edmund Jay
George Fletcher

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               JOSE
               OpenID Connect Meeting before IIW
               OAuth Registration

Open Issues:
               #832 - Torsten is requesting a way to filter claims at UserInfo request time
                              We will suggest using the syntax of the "claims" parameter as a parameter in the UserInfo request
               Mike is working on resolving all the open issues and having updated Connect drafts before Monday's meeting

JOSE:
               Most of the JOSE open issues were resolved as a result of this week's interim meeting
               Mike sent a note to the lists about the breaking changes resulting from JOSE interim meeting
                              PKIX key type change
                              Removing Encrypted Key from AAD value
               Mike plans to have updated JOSE drafts by the end of IIW next week
               The one issue to be resolved later will be Richard's upcoming proposal to encrypt JWKs for encrypted ephemeral keys
                              Rather than just encrypting bare keys, as we do now in this case

OpenID Connect Meeting before IIW:
               We have 27 registered attendees

OAuth Registration:
               Justin sent an updated OAuth Registration draft to the other editors for review
               Tweaks to scope language
               Clarification on dual nature of client metadata fields
               There's an open question about whether to have a registry for token_endpoint_auth_method
               There are effectively no normative changes