[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Enable scope values to be used to request claims when using response_type "id_token" (issue #785)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sun Feb 24 02:42:41 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 785: Enable scope values to be used to request claims when using response_type "id_token"
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/785/enable-scope-values-to-be-used-to-request

Michael Jones:

I believe that we should redefine what occurs when the "id_token" response_type is used and any of the scope values "profile", "email", "address", or "phone" are used.  Currently that combination is an error condition.  I'm proposing that we define it as requesting that the requested claims be returned in in the issued ID Token - something we're already asking people to do with the "claims" request when this response_type value is used.

Particularly since many implementations now aren't going to support requests for individual claims, since "claims" isn't MTI, if we want the "id_token" response_type to be usable and self-issued OPs to be usable, I think we have to do this.

following the issue.