[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 7-Feb-13

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 7 16:20:36 UTC 2013

Spec call notes 7-Feb-13

John Bradley
Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Brian Campbell
Tony Nadalin
Justin Richer
George Fletcher
Tim Bray

Pamela Dingle
Tim Bray
Nat Sakimura
Naveen Agarwal
Breno de Medeiros

Agenda:
               Key Rotation
               Registration Issues
               New Open Issues

Key Rotation:
               Brian sent a detailed note about this on Tuesday titled "Proposal(s) on key publication and rotation"
                              No responses to this thus far
               Addresses the need for key rollover in deployed systems
               There are discrepancies between JWK and X.509 functionality
               Rollover in the encryption case is different
               -> People should review and discuss Brian's note before the next call

Registration Issues:
               The Connect and OAuth registration drafts are now out of sync in many ways
                              We didn't reach a common viewpoint on what to do about that
               #755 We decided to remove update for now, since many corner cases are underspecified, and it's not going to be used by most clients
               #747 We decided to change to JSON format requests to sync with what we expect OAuth to do
               #751 We started to discuss whether to add a Read operation but ran out of time.  We will discuss this again on Monday.

New Open Issues:
               We ran out of time to discuss the remainder of these