[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Registration 2.1 - Should request be form-urlencoded or JSON? (issue #747)

Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS vladimir at nimbusds.com
Wed Feb 6 11:04:21 UTC 2013

I like this proposal. Clients already have to be capable of dealing with
JSON to process the registration responses. Switching to JSON for the
requests will make the message exchange symmetrical too.

The ability to go beyond simple key/value pairs is also a plus I think.

Vladimir

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 747: Registration 2.1 - Should request be form-urlencoded or
JSON?
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/747/registration-21-should-request-be-form

Michael Jones:

Now that we're returning the registration state as JSON, it's pretty
inconsistent for the registration request to instead be
form-url-encoded. The case can be made for switching to JSON now -
especially in light of possibly wanting to convey some structured
information at registration time.

I realize that this is a big change, but if we're going to do it, we
should do it now.

As a precedent, apparently SCIM requests are JSON, rather than
form-url-encoded.

following the issue.