[Openid-specs-ab] Dynamic Client Registration

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:02:47 UTC 2013

OK. Now I have uploaded the correct Discussion Draft 17.

HTML:
http://nat.sakimura.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/draft-openid-connect-registration-1_0.html
diff:
http://nat.sakimura.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/openid-connect-registration-1_0-diff-16-17.txt
XML:
http://nat.sakimura.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/openid-connect-registration-1_0.xml
TXT (d16):
http://nat.sakimura.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/openid-connect-registration-1_0-d16.txt
TXT (d17):
http://nat.sakimura.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/openid-connect-registration-1_0-d17.txt

[Changes]

-17 discussion version

   - Moved Terminology section out of Introduction to form an independent
   section and added several terminology definitions
   - Deleted the operation parameter
   - Deleted the rotate_secret
   - Added Client Read Request (GET)
   - Added Client Delete Request (DELETE)
   - Added "Self URL"
   - Added _links
   - Added Editor's Notes
   - Changed the Japanese client name to make it sound more natural
   - Added issued_at
   - Added client update example (that seems to be missing many parameters
   that were present in the registration request example)
   - Cleand up the indents

[Remarks]

   - The operation parameter was removed but since the URL for the
   registration and other operations are different, there should be no problem
   in finding out what action should be taken.
   - The URL for update etc. (Self URL) are given in _links/self/href. For
   servers' backward compatibility with the current implementations, it could
   be set like
   https://server.example.com/connect/register?operation=client_update so
   that the existing code is likely not break (if the web application
   framework is putting GET and POST parameters together into an object) or
   needs only minor change. Clients needs to read this value and store, so it
   is a bigger change.

Unfortunately, I will be able to join the call only very briefly due to my
flight schedule.