[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Registration 2.1 - Should request be form-urlencoded or JSON? (issue #747)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Feb 4 21:23:44 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 747: Registration 2.1 - Should request be form-urlencoded or JSON?
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/747/registration-21-should-request-be-form

Michael Jones:

Now that we're returning the registration state as JSON, it's pretty inconsistent for the registration request to instead be form-url-encoded.  The case can be made for switching to JSON now - especially in light of possibly wanting to convey some structured information at registration time.

I realize that this is a big change, but if we're going to do it, we should do it now.

As a precedent, apparently SCIM requests are JSON, rather than form-url-encoded.

following the issue.