[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Registration 2.1 - Delete "operation" parameter (issue #746)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Feb 4 21:19:51 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 746: Registration 2.1 - Delete "operation" parameter
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/746/registration-21-delete-operation-parameter

Michael Jones:

After deleting the rotate_secret operation, the remaining operations would be client_register and client_update.  These take essentially the same parameters, except that the client_update operation would contain a client_id.  The presence of the client_id parameter would be used to distinguish between these closely-related operations.

P.S.  With these changes, “client delete” operation could be performed with an HTTP DELETE method and a “get client status” operation could be performed with a HTTP GET method.  I’m *not* advocating these operations, because I don’t think they’re needed in a minimal spec, but I did want to put out that the simplifications proposed above would align with the possibility of adding them later, should the working group decide that it’s important to do so.

following the issue.