[Openid-specs-ab] Possible MTI fallback position for OpenID Request Object

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 10:13:55 UTC 2013

I would be OK if it is possible to register multiple request objects with
identifiers that differentiate them in the registration.
When that identifier is an OP accessible URL, it is called request file, by
the way,
and that was the design of the artifact binding (AB) - the original name of
this spec.
In this case, the parameter "request_url" is used to select the right
options.

The difference between the registration and the request file is that
request file can be registered anywhere,
not just the OP. For example, it can be registered at the federation
operator, a consumer protection agency,
a privacy commissioner's office, etc. for the check of its legitimacy etc.
from the point of view of the privacy protection.
A trust framework may mandate that only those request files are acceptable.
(This is very close to German eID model, by the way.)

Nat