[Openid-specs-ab] Simplifying preferred_locales and max_age

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Sat Feb 2 00:09:58 UTC 2013

I made similar comments in the other thread.

As for moving them to query parameters, I am not keen on a endless string of query parameters, and having two ways to do the saker thing leads to interop issues.

For max_age you don't necessarily want the user to be able to modify that in the request, that might cause security issues if auth_time is not required in the response, the RP may be thinking it is getting a stronger authentication than it is in reality.

I would prefer to leave max_age in the signed request and not confuse the lower security parameter based request with it.

There is no security implication for preferred_locales so I would make that a query parameter, and allow it to be in the request object but not require it.

John B.