[Openid-specs-ab] MTI section in Messages Draft 15

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Wed Jan 30 22:21:24 UTC 2013

That is probably not unreasonable if the OP doesn't want to look in the request object, top treat it as a request for all the default claims.

The RP should still know via discovery if the OP supports it.

The other thing that is in there is the max_age that the client wouldn't know if it was being ignored unless it also asked for auth_time.

It is probably OK to have that happen as any RP wanting those enhanced features iOS going to need to know if it can trust the OP and have some info about them.

So I would be OK  with request_object/request_url triggering a default in the OP if it doesn't support it.  What the default is will probably need more discussion.
We would need to add discovery information and a warning about trusting max_age if you haven't asked for auth_time and don't know if the OP supports the request object.

John