[Openid-specs-ab] MTI section in Messages Draft 15

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 30 17:07:16 UTC 2013

Interesting.  The point of the Request Object is to give RPs control over the information they're asking for and receiving.  For instance, if all my RP wants is your first name and the Request Object isn't supported, it would have to use "openid profile" to get your first name, which also comes with middle name, last name, full name, nickname, preferred_username, profile URL, picture URL, website URL, gender, birthdate, time zone, locale, and time last updated.  That seems like overkill and doesn't minimize disclosure of information to the RP.

But I understand the simplicity/minimality argument for your position.

Let's make this a discussion topic on tomorrow's call.

                                                            Thanks,
                                                            -- Mike