[Openid-specs-ab] MTI section in Messages Draft 15

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Wed Jan 30 16:39:42 UTC 2013

I refer to the material in
http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-messages-1_0.html#ImplementationConsiderations

We’ve been discussing this at some length and probably would not ship a OP
conforming to this draft, because our plans do not include support for
OpenID Request Objects.  It seems perfectly possible to implement an
Internet-scale federated-login system with good interoperability, security,
user-experience, and developer-experience properties, entirely without the
use of Request Objects.

Given this, why are they considered essential for the MTI section?  Absent
Request Objects, our chances of shipping a conforming OP are pretty good.

  -Tim