[Openid-specs-ab] Bootstrapping a web session with OpenID Connect and OAuth2?

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 19:00:27 UTC 2013

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for the response! I agree with your assessment.

A couple other tweaks I've been considering...
1. using short-lived tokens instead of one-time use (though I agree
one-time-use tokens are better)
2. specify the re-direct URL as part of the refresh_token request
   -- I think it's legal to profile the token endpoint this way, RFC
6749 says that the AS must ignore unrecognized parameters. If I define a
profile that supports additional parameters then they aren't unexpected.
Is that valid? :)
   -- basically the URL is meta-data for the client2web scope and must
be supplied in order to get the token
   -- put the re-direct URL in the client2web token (either directly or
via server session). This protects any replay attemptes from being able
to change the redirect endpoint
3. all requests to the the OP endpoint are SSL (to protect the token as
much as possible)

Thanks,
George