[Openid-specs-ab] December 27, 2012 OpenID Connect Release

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 2 20:26:46 UTC 2013

Fair questions, Justin.  First, this is not the Implementer's Draft release. A few more changes still need to be made to get there, including the ones you're mentioning about discovery and registration and also IdP initiated login.  This was an interim release to keep Connect on sync with JWT.  Because of the JWT changes, Connect would have been broken without this release.

The same isn't true of the discovery and registration changes. There, I think the working group's conservative approach, while still encouraging experimentation with the new specs, remains a good stance for the upcoming implementer's drafts.  We cam discuss that more on tomorrow's call if you like (7am Pacific).

Happy New Year!
-- Mike