[Openid-specs-ab] Updated JWE encryption examples

Edmund Jay ejay at mgi1.com
Wed Sep 5 19:24:26 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

I've got the following results with your examples :

JWE.log :

I'm unable to get the same encrypted key using either the private or public part
of the given key. However, I am able to decrypt your encrypted key with no
problem. Since it's only using PCKS1-v1_5, I believe I should be able to get the
same encrypted key value.

The CEK and CIK and ciphertext results are the same.

Using your encrypted key gives me the same results for the integrity value.

JWE2.log :

Due to the RSA-OAEP algorithm, I can only perform decryption on your encrypted
key. The decrypted value matches yourCMK.
Using your AAD, the I was able to successfully decrypt and verify your data.

-- Edmund