[Openid-specs-ab] LoginId hint

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 23:54:30 UTC 2012

I think we had similar discussion before and the result then was to signify
that it is a hint through the parameter name. I support login_hint.

=nat via iPhone

On Aug 31, 2012, at 7:50 AM, Pam Dingle <pdingle at pingidentity.com> wrote:

I am worried that the name of "login_id" might be misinterpreted to be
authoritative rather than tentative.

Could we change the parameter name to strongly indicate that this is just a
suggestion rather than an instruction?  Something like suggested_user or
login_hint or chosen_id?

Cheers,

Pamela

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Breno de Medeiros <breno at google.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Richer, Justin P. <jricher at mitre.org>wrote:
>
>>  As far as the spec is concerned, that's up to the IdP. A "Smart" IdP
>> might prompt the user with something like:
>>
>>  "You are logging in to site X who thinks you're Bob, but you're logged
>> in as Alice. Click here to log in as Bob instead."
>>

> Well, it might be useful to give RPs some expectations. For instance, RPs
> should be expecting the case where they supply a login_id but receive a
> session authenticated to a different user.
>

>>   -- Justin
>>
>>  On Aug 30, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Breno de Medeiros wrote:
>>
>> Consider the case where partners share a computer, or a user has a
>> personal account and a professional account with the same IDP. If the
>> currently logged-in user is different from the suggested user via login_id,
>> what are the expectations?
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Justin Richer <jricher at mitre.org> wrote:
>>
>>>  Ryo,
>>>
>>> We talked about this on the call this morning. Right now, we're saying
>>> that it's RECOMMENDED that they have the same value, but it's not required.
>>> Since there are currently two discovery setups (SWD and Webfinger/XRD) that
>>> use different parameter names, it might be a moot point to try and match
>>> those.
>>>
>>>  -- Justin
>>>

>>> On 08/30/2012 01:28 AM, Ryo Ito wrote:
>>>
>>> Do the principal parameter at discovery request and login_id parameter
>>> have same value?
>>> If it is Yes, the unification of the parameter name or reference will
>>> help developers.
>>>
>>>  Thanks,
>>> Ryo

>>>  --
>>>

>>  --
>> --Breno
>>

> --
> --Breno

*Pamela Dingle*  |  Sr. Technical Architect
*Ping**Identity*  |   www.pingidentity.com
- -
*O:* 303-999-5890   *M:* 303-999-5890
*Email:* pdingle at pingidentity.com