[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Messages 2.1.2 -- Add login_id hint to authorization request (issue #646)

Richer, Justin P. jricher at mitre.org
Thu Aug 30 17:59:19 UTC 2012

I think we want to keep the sentiment but solidify the wording. How about:

login_id

   OPTIONAL. A hint to the authorization service as to the login_id the user may use to authenticate. If an RP first asks the user for their email address (or other identifier), it MAY pass this string to the IdP using this parameter. It is RECOMMENDED that the hint value match the value used for discovery, including any normalization. The IdP's specific response to this parameter (such as pre-filling a username field on a login form or checking against a current user session at the IdP) is out of scope of this specification, and the IdP MAY ignore the value entirely.