[Openid-specs-ab] LoginId hint

Richer, Justin P. jricher at mitre.org
Wed Aug 29 15:39:21 UTC 2012

+1, I've asked for this feature too.

 -- Justin

On Aug 29, 2012, at 11:27 AM, George Fletcher wrote:

Hi,

We've run into a case where it would be nice to be able to pass into the /authorize endpoint a value to pre-fill the loginid field on the authentication UI. We allow for an id_token to be passed as a hint of the desired user, but this only works for an "already authenticated" use case.

If we consider the Account Chooser case where what is stored is the user's email address, it would be nice to be able to start the identity federation flow passing that email address along to the IdP.

Did I just miss support for this in the specs?

Thanks,
George

--
Chief Architect                   AIM:  gffletch
Identity Services Engineering     Work: george.fletcher at teamaol.com<mailto:george.fletcher at teamaol.com>