[Openid-specs-ab] LoginId hint

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 15:27:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

We've run into a case where it would be nice to be able to pass into the
/authorize endpoint a value to pre-fill the loginid field on the
authentication UI. We allow for an id_token to be passed as a hint of
the desired user, but this only works for an "already authenticated" use
case.

If we consider the Account Chooser case where what is stored is the
user's email address, it would be nice to be able to start the identity
federation flow passing that email address along to the IdP.

Did I just miss support for this in the specs?

Thanks,
George

--
Chief Architect                   AIM:  gffletch
Identity Services Engineering     Work: george.fletcher at teamaol.com
AOL Inc.                          Home: gffletch at aol.com
Mobile: +1-703-462-3494           Blog: http://practicalid.blogspot.com
Office: +1-703-265-2544           Twitter: http://twitter.com/gffletch