[Openid-specs-ab] Session Management Demo Code

Emmanuel Raviart emmanuel at raviart.com
Mon Jul 30 17:08:18 UTC 2012

I have also implemented session management support using this sample code.

But I have one remark and one problem:

- The remark: The OP cookie must not have the flag httpOnly set.
Otherwise it is not readable by the OP iframe (ie window.cookie returns
always ""). Since I don't want to use an insecure cookie for managing
user authentication, I had to create a new cookie dedicated to session
management and never read by the server.

- The problem: The OP cookie can never be read by OP iframe when you
don't accept third-party cookies. I had to enable third-party cookies in
the browser settings before being able to have a working session management.

Because of this problem, I currently believe it is not realistic to use
an OP cookie in an OP iframe for session management.

-- Emmanuel