[Openid-specs-ab] Session Management Spec

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Mon Jul 30 06:09:45 UTC 2012

Hi Nat,

according to my notes, we concluded as follows:
- the iframe approach will be the default approach
- there might be older browsers in the field, which do not support the
required HTML methods (postMessage namely? anything else?). So we need a
fallback for those. We discussed the following variants of the
redirect-based approach:
  - iFrame: load RP's logout URL within iframe - this may cause problems
regarding update and deletion of cookies due to p3p policies
  - img: usage of img tags refering to the RP's logout URL worked best.
Open question is return code transmission
  - JSONP: no one so far gathered experiences regarding JSONP and logout
propagation

Since img seemed to be the less problematic approach we decided to go
with it.

I'm not tight to the redirect approach if we are sure that it will work
reliably for all kinds of browsers.

best regards,
Torsten.