[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 31-May-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 1 00:22:06 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 31-May-12

Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay
John Bradley
Pamela Dingle

Agenda:
                Open Issues
                Edits and Release
                Discovery
                JOSE
                OAuth
                Acknowledgements

Open Issues:
                #584 Messages - Username claim
                                Based on the Facebook usage, we agreed to proceed with "username"
                #595: Discovery 2 - No means of discovery without web server for domain
                                Proposal to use A record with well-known hostname like discovery.example.com
                                Pam to add write-up to bug
                #597 Use ISO-8601 date for UserInfo.birthday
                                Nat to investigate use of year 0000
                #599: Messages, Implicit, Basic - Add example ID Token when claims_in_id_token used
                                Assigned to Mike
                #600 Messages 2.1.1 and 2.3.2 - Register Connect Claims in JWT Claims Registry
                                Assigned to Mike
                #591: Behavior for clients without registered redirect_uris is not well defined
                                Most resolved.  John to investigate further.
                #593: Standard: redirect_uri registration & matching
                                Complete exact match required.  Assigned to John.

Edits and Release:
                Per the working group decision, we will not apply any more edits other than pure bug fixes, such as #598,
                                until the self-issued checkin so we have a clean diff-able self-issued only release
                John plans to get the self-issued edit done in the next two days
                Mike will do a new release after that

Discovery:
                Mike is trying behind the scenes to get a separate acct: scheme draft published so we can
                                determine whether this will be accepted or rejected early

JOSE:
                When old issues are re-raised, we should call out existing WG resolutions when applicable

OAuth:
                Mike is having weekly calls with the chairs to try to finish Bearer and Core
                It would be useful for people to read Hannes' comments on the Assertions spec

Acknowledgements:
                Nat will mine the AB list for the missing acknowledgement lists
                After that, we'll send a note to the AB list asking for corrections