[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect SDK 1.0

Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS vladimir at nimbusds.com
Tue May 29 09:38:39 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Today we released an OpenID Connect SDK for Java, to serve as a starting
point for developing IdP servers and clients based on the protocol.

https://bitbucket.org/nimbusds/openid-connect-sdk

The SDK matches the draft suite from 5 April, so we'll have to update it
to the latest draft changes from last week.

With the SDK you can compose, serialise, parse and process request and
response messages for the Authorisation, Token, CheckID and UserInfo
endpoints.

Plain, signed and encrypted JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) are handled by the
Nimbus-JWT library ( https://bitbucket.org/nimbusds/nimbus-jwt ).

UserInfo responses can be fully i18n with the help of the Nimbus LangTag
library ( https://bitbucket.org/nimbusds/nimbus-langtag ).

The SDK emphasises type safety so that development errors as well as
protocol exceptions at runtime are caught early and with detailed
feedback.

You can read the JavaDocs at
http://nimbusds.com/files/openid-connect-sdk/javadoc/

Thanks to everyone who contributed to OpenID Connect. We expect great
use of it in the years ahead.

Vladimir

Vladimir Dzhuvinov : www.NimbusDS.com : vladimir at nimbusds.com