[Openid-specs-ab] Draft Notes for OpenID Connect Technology Meeting, Apr. 30, 2012 @ Yahoo!

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:13:33 UTC 2012

Sorry for the belated notes:
If there is an error, please let me know.

 OpenID Connect Meeting
 =======================
 Venue: Yahoo!
 Date: April 30, 2012

 Attending
 ---------
 Mike Jones, Microsoft, Standard Architect of Microsoft, OAuth, JSON Web  *,

 Nat Sakimura

 Henrik Biering, Running IdP. Too many things needed now.
 Torsten Lodderstedt, DT, OAuth Standardization, Identity Services.
OAuth, OpenID 2.0 done. Looking forward to connect.
 Axel Nenker, DT, Standardization, Mobile Wallet.
 Edmund Jay,Illumila
 Jastin Richer, Lead technologist, Mitre corp. IdP in Java/Spring.
 Looking to roll out in our use and open source on github. Join interop.
 Ammanda, Mitre, write code.
 Pam Dingle, Ping, Business side
 Allan Foster, Forge Rock, Engineering on OpenAM.
 Asahiko Yamada, Toshiba Solutions, Security tech on biometrics, AC Bio.
 Want to connect AC Bio to OpenID Connect.
 Akio Nishimura, Toshiba Solutions, Business development  Takuya
Yoshida, Toshiba Solutions, San Jose based.
 Naveen Agarwal, Google Identity, OAuth / OpenID.
 George Fletcher, AOL, consumer identity. Working on Connect etc.
 John Bradley, Identity Specs.
 Breno, Google, third party facing authorization api. Architecting  solution.
 Mark, Self employed, Implementing OAuth on Java.
 Jaap, Business on OpenID Ecosystem.
 Malla Simhachalam?, Yahoo.
 Tom Liebe, BC, Creating relying party. Attribue verification service
for Connect  Bill Mills, Yahoo, Security.
 Dave Cox, ID Dataweb, Attribute provider network.

Issues

------

First, we did an overview of the DT comments, and then went over each issues.

  #567: Basic - Use grant type code instead of implicit grant
  #568: Basic - Drop the need for signature validation in basic profile
  #569: Basic - Drop nonce from basic profile
  #570: General - removal of Check ID endpoint
  #571: General - removal of symmetric signatures for id tokens

All the issues were resolved and the resolutions are recorded in each ticket.

Other important issues discussed were:

  #566 Messages, Standard - Define self issued OP mechanism

  #281 Obtaining claims without requiring additional round trips

  #561 Messages - new response_type = id_token userinfo