[Openid-specs-ab] Handling OpenID request objects

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 19 13:20:16 UTC 2012

This was filed as issue 575.  We agreed to change Messages and Standard to state that it is optional to also include OAuth parameters in the OpenID request object, but that if they are in both places, they MUST match.

Optional OAuth parameters MAY be present only in the OpenID Request object.  The one exception to this is that that the scope parameter is the one OAuth parameter that MUST be present in the OAuth request (so the "openid" scope is always present in the OAuth request).

If people disagree, we can discuss this during the April 30th meeting at Yahoo!.

				-- Mike