[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect Flow Diagrams

Anganes, Amanda L aanganes at mitre.org
Fri Feb 3 14:27:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've developed a set of flow diagrams for the OpenID Connect spec, linked below. There are two separate diagrams for the Authorization Code flow and the Implicit Grant flow, as well as a third diagram showing  the additional steps of interacting with the UserInfo Endpoint and the Check ID Endpoint.

These were inspired by the diagrams for OAuth 1.0 and 1.0a that Idan Gazit posted in http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg00696.html, which Justin Richer pointed me to when I first started trying to read and understand the OAuth2.0 spec. I've created updated diagrams for OAuth 2.0 as well, which are available at https://github.com/jricher/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server/blob/master/docs/OAuth2.0_Diagrams.pdf?raw=true

The OpenID Connect diagrams are available at https://github.com/jricher/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server/blob/master/docs/OAuth2.0_Diagrams.pdf?raw=true.

I'd appreciate any comments/corrections. If anyone finds the diagrams to be useful, please feel free to rehost.

Thanks,

Amanda Anganes
Info Sys Engineer, G061
The MITRE Corporation