[Openid-specs-ab] Facebook OAuth extension ruffles feathers, nixes user access permission

Anthony Nadalin tonynad at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 2 18:22:58 UTC 2012

FB will be still standards compliant I bet, but not using an extension that has been through the standards process, BUT using an extension point that is part of the OAUTH V2 standard. Also this article talks about authentication mostly which OAUTH tries very hard to avoid (and leave that to HTTP)and only deal with authorization, so this article is misleading in that sense.