[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 27-Oct-11

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 27 22:43:23 UTC 2011

Spec call notes 27-Oct-11

Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay
Mike Jones
John Bradley
George Fletcher
Pamela Dingle

Agenda
                Open Issues
                Editing to get to Implementer's Drafts
                Implementer's Draft Process Issues
                Working Group Web Page

Open Issues
                233 - UserInfo schemas supported
                                Asked to delete sentence about URLs passed to define custom schemas
                                John

                262 - Messages 3.1.1 id_token audience
                                Use "aud" (audience) in description - following JWT spec
                                John

                261 - Messages 3.1.1 id_token audience
                                Require client_id to be audience
                                (May have not been required due to Breno's fourth-party stuff that was removed)
                                John

                260 - Messages 3.1.2 scope = email
                                Give access to verified claim as well
                                John

                259 - Messages 3.2.1 secret_type = JWT
                                Follow JWT spec
                                Mike

                258 - Check ID Response as JWT (Normative)
                                Fix to indicate that it returns a JSON object containing the claims
                                John

                257 - Acknowledgements need review
                                Hold

                256 - Messages - 9.2. OAuth Extensions Error Registry should be moved to the Standard
                                Move error registrations from Messages to Standard
                                John

                220 - Registration 4.1 Application URL
                                Reject
                                Rationale - not necessary for Implementer's Draft

Editing to get to Implementer's Drafts
                John has been applying edits to close his issues
                John will plan to hand off some documents and issues to Edmund on Monday morning
                Mike will free up to work on this after the IETF submission deadline on Monday

Implementer's Draft Process Issues
                We need to post the list of active WG contributors - Nat
                Ask John Ehrig to compile a list of legal contacts - Nat
                We need to write the message announcing the 45 day review
                We will eventually need to write the message announcing the vote
                We will need to write the voting text

Working Group Web Page
                Is currently on the WIKI
                We agreed to move the WG page to the openid.net WordPress installation - Nat

Forrester OpenID Connect Paper
                Pam will work with Eve on being able to publish excerpts and a pointer to where people can get a complimentary copy